RECORDING - Age-Friendly Housing Series Session 2: Late Life Homelessness and Affordable Housing
You can find the session recording HERE.
Please find the slide deck shared during the event attached.
The CORE Age-Friendly Group hosted their second session in the Age-Friendly Housing Series on March 23, 2022! This session provided participants with a picture of what homelessness for seniors look like, how their experience is different from non-seniors and information on work being done to address homelessness among seniors. Participants also learned what living well in community means from a housing perspective, some of the challenges and opportunities and what role community partners can play in supporting affordable housing for seniors.
Connect with our guest speakers:
- Emma Wallace Project Manager, Rural Development Network, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Linda Bernicki, Director, Rural Development Network, email@example.com
- Irene Martin-Lindsay, Executive Director, Alberta Seniors & Community Housing Association, firstname.lastname@example.org
Many thanks to our session moderator:
- Sandy Wacker, Community Support and Age-Friendly Facilitator for the Town of Innisfail and member of the Alberta Age-Friendly Community Practice
Additional resources shared during the session:
- City of Edmonton Recover Group and their work on a Wellbeing Framework: https://www.urbanwellnessedmonton.com/soulful-city
About the host: Age-friendly communities promote healthy and active aging. The CORE Age-Friendly Groups share information, resources and promising practices for creating age-friendly environments and help communities that are pursuing age-friendliness to connect and support each other.
About the series: This event is part of the CORE Age-Friendly Housing Series. Learn more about the series here.
Mar 23, 2022
- Mental Health and Wellness
- Safety, Security, Finances, & Personal Planning
- Social Connectedness / Social Isolation
- Information, Referral, & Advocacy
- Service Providers (Non-profits, Community Organizations, Local government)
- Health Authorities
- Caregivers, Seniors & Volunteers