RECORDING - Grow the Conversation - Its Not Right for Neighbours, Friends & Families for Older Adults
You can access the recording HERE.
Please find the slide deck shared during the event attached.
On June 13, 2022, the CORE Elder Abuse Group presented on a conversational approach to address abuse and neglect of older adults called "It's Not Right for Neighbours, Friends and Families.
The event focused on growing the conversation on how to support, neighbours, friends and families, and service providers who suspect or know an older adult is being abused. These questions were discussed and answered during the event:
- What is the next step?
- What does a conversation look like?
- What do you do if an older adult will not discuss the situation
- What do you do when someone discloses?
- How do service providers support people who suspect someone they know is being abused?
Please feel free to connect with our speakers:
- Amanda Midgley, FCSS Coordinator (Foothills County), email@example.com
- Charlene Sitar, Regional Elder Abuse Prevention Coordinator (Town of Hinton), firstname.lastname@example.org, 780-223-8009
- Shantel Ottenbreit, Community Resource Worker (City of Medicine Hat), email@example.com
About the host: The CORE Elder Abuse Group connects individuals, organizations, and agencies to develop strategies to address elder abuse. With more than 50 members, this group invites you to join the momentum!
CORE Event Slides - June-2022 CCR Presentation.pdf
Jun 13, 2022
- Mental Health and Wellness
- Safety, Security, Finances, & Personal Planning
- Social Connectedness / Social Isolation
- Information, Referral, & Advocacy
- Service Providers (Non-profits, Community Organizations, Local government)
- Health Authorities
- Caregivers, Seniors & Volunteers