RECORDING - Continuing to serve seniors during the pandemic - Community Conversation
You can find a recording of the session attached to this post as a FILE.
Please find the event slide deck and additional resources event attached.
As the Alberta Community-Based Senior Serving (CBSS) sector navigates operational decisions and challenges related to the pandemic, CORE Alberta invited participants on November 4, 2021 to a community conversation about our collective experiences and to have a generative discussion about how we are managing some of these issues and addressing barriers.
In addition to the recording, we will capture the results of the conversation and share them back with the CBSS sector as well as with allied systems to establish a well-informed understanding of some of the most significant issues the sector is facing while continuing to support older adults.
The conversation includes the following material:
- A review of current public health guidelines
- Speakers sharing sector themes that have emerged from surveys conducted recently related to the pandemic and its impacts on seniors
- A conversation around operations, programming, and capacity challenges and solutions being implemented to continue to serve seniors safely
Our guest speakers were:
- Gemma Dunn, Executive Director, ECVO
- Patricia Skagen-Emokpae, Team Lead, 211
- James Stauch, Director, Institute for Community Prosperity
Nov 04, 2021
- Safety, Security, Finances, & Personal Planning
- Information, Referral, & Advocacy
- Organizational Development
- Funding Development
- Service Providers (Non-profits, Community Organizations, Local government)
- Health Authorities
- Caregivers, Seniors & Volunteers