RECORDING - Age-Friendly Housing Series Session 3: Characteristics of Age-Friendly Housing for Seniors
You can access the recording HERE.
Please find the slide deck shared during the event attached.
On April 27, 2022, the third session of the Age-Friendly Housing Series shared how the spaces people live in impact their independence, how accessible architecture can support aging in place, and trade-offs that older adults face when they want to renovate their homes to make them more accessible. Participants learned about work that can support communities in diversifying their housing stock and the challenges and opportunities in encouraging more accessible market housing.
Connect with our presenters:
- Ron Wickman, Architect specializing in barrier-free design, email@example.com and check out ronwickmanarchitect.com
- Rachelle Butler, Program Coordinator, Residential Accessible Design (RAD) Renovations Program, Accessible Housing, firstname.lastname@example.org and check out radrenovations.ca
- Stephanie Firestone, Senior Strategic Policy Advisor, Health & Age-friendly Communities, AARP International, email@example.com
Big thanks to our moderator Emily Sangster, Long Range Planner with the City of Beaumont and member of the Alberta Age-Friendly Community Practice!
About the host: Age-friendly communities promote healthy and active aging. The CORE Age-Friendly Groups share information, resources and promising practices for creating age-friendly environments and help communities that are pursuing age-friendliness to connect and support each other.
About the series: This event is part of the CORE Age-Friendly Housing Series. Learn more about the series here.
SLIDES - Age Friendly Housing Series Session 3 (April 27, 2022).pdf
Apr 27, 2022
- Home Support
- Mental Health and Wellness
- Safety, Security, Finances, & Personal Planning
- Social Connectedness / Social Isolation
- Physical Activity
- International Innovation
- Caregiving & Caregiver Support
- Service Providers (Non-profits, Community Organizations, Local government)
- Health Authorities
- Caregivers, Seniors & Volunteers