Social Isolation & Elder Abuse
Social isolation is one of several risk factors in elder abuse situations. During the pandemic, many older adults have been negatively affected by the increased isolation. Reports of elder abuse have increased during this time.
A Social Isolation Resource Kit, from the Government of AB, Ministry of Seniors & Housing, was developed for those who provide services to seniors to help improve understanding and awareness of social isolation and its relationship to elder abuse and loneliness.
The Social Isolation Resource Kit includes a fact sheet and accompanying poster and card.
READ MORE HERE
Aug 12, 2021
- Social Connectedness / Social Isolation
- Information, Referral, & Advocacy
- Organizational Development
- Service Providers (Non-profits, Community Organizations, Local government)
- Health Authorities
- Caregivers, Seniors & Volunteers