Seniors and Continuing Care – LGBTQ2S+ Resources for Providers
It's important that you understand the background of LGBTQ2S+ people so when they are accessing continuing care services, they feel safe and welcome to live their life as they choose and do not feel they need to hide their true identity. They will know they will be treated with respect.
The resources available on this page will help to enhance your awareness, confidence, knowledge, and skills in creating safer and more welcoming care for sexual and gender diverse clients/ lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and two-spirit (LGBTQ2S+) clients.
These resources were developed in consultation with the Alberta Health Services (AHS) LGBTQ2S+ Task Group comprised of AHS sexual and gender identity and expression experts, community volunteers, and AHS/non-AHS clinical professionals.
For more information email email@example.com
Alberta Health Services
May 31, 2023
- Safety, Security, Finances, & Personal Planning
- Social Connectedness / Social Isolation
- General Health and Wellness
- Organizational Development
- Government (Politicians, Policy Makers) and Health Authorities
- Service Providers (Non-profits, Community Organizations, Local government)
- Caregivers, Seniors & Volunteers
- Participants & Intake
- Policy, Planning, & Procedures
- Best Practices
- CBSS Supports & Services
- Evidence-based & emerging practices
- Training & Capacity Building
- Organizational development