Relationship between the Ownership Status of Nursing Homes and Their Outcomes During the COVID-19 Pandemic: A Rapid Literature Review
Context: Some nursing homes fared better than others to protect themselves against the 2019 coronavirus disease (COVID-19). Organisational characteristics may mediate the effect of the COVID-19 pandemic. Previous reviews have suggested for-profit providers provide worse quality of care. Does ownership also matter in the response to the COVID-19 pandemic?
Objective: The aim of this literature review is to evaluate the relationship between ownership structure of nursing homes and their performance during the pandemic, measured as COVID-19 cases and deaths.
READ MORE HERE
Jul 08, 2021
- Safety, Security, Finances, & Personal Planning
- Information, Referral, & Advocacy
- Organizational Development
- Caregiving & Caregiver Support
- Service Providers (Non-profits, Community Organizations, Local government)
- Health Authorities
- Caregivers, Seniors & Volunteers