RECORDING & RESOURCES: Connecting People and Community for Living Well - September 2023 Partners' Meeting
You can access the recording HERE or view it below.
As in previous years, they used this first meeting of the new season as an opportunity to informally check in/reconnect with their partners and communities and discuss ideas for future meetings over the next year.
The meeting slides are also attached.
*These Partners' Meetings are open to anyone with an interest in supporting seniors and other underserved populations to live well in the community, and you may attend any or all of the series as your schedule permits.
The following resources & links were shared during the meeting in the chat box:
Caregiver Centered Care (caregivercare.ca) – Caregiver-centred care education for the health workforce, from University of Alberta Department of Family Medicine.
- Contact Glenda Tarnowski (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Sharon Anderson (email@example.com) for more information.
Team CarePal App | Family Caregiver | Caregiving Together - App that supports the family caregiving experience by giving them all the tools they need to manage their caregiving responsibilities with family and friends.
- Team CarePal QR Poster Pilot Q&A.pdf - Google Drive – Team CarePal poster campaign.
- Contact Cindy Sim (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information.
Giving Care – Canadian Centre for Caregiving Excellence (canadiancaregiving.org) – white paper from the Canadian Centre for Caregiving Excellence on the caregiving landscape in Canada.
Infinity Healthcare | Home Health Care, Dementia Care, Companion Care Edmonton, Alberta, BC (infinity-8.ca) – helps families with the direct invoicing model. Website includes a video on direct invoicing.
Patient Concerns & Feedback | Alberta Health Services – to submit feedback on the self-managed care/direct invoicing program.
Home - Edmonton Seniors Coordinating Council (ESCC) (seniorscouncil.net) - We bring people, ideas, and information together to build collaborative approaches to services, supports and circumstances affecting older adults.
- Social Prescribing - Edmonton Seniors Coordinating Council (ESCC) (seniorscouncil.net)
- Seniors Coordinated Outreach - Edmonton Seniors Coordinating Council (ESCC) (seniorscouncil.net)
- Age Friendly Edmonton - Edmonton Seniors Coordinating Council (ESCC) (seniorscouncil.net)
- Social Prescribing - Healthy Aging CORE Alberta
- Contact Krista Mulbery (email@example.com) for more information.
Suggest a New Listing | 211 Alberta | 211 Alberta, Help Starts Here – to add programs or services to 211.
Mental Health First Aid Supporting Older Adults (imagineinstitute.ca) – information on Mental Health First Aid for supporting older adults.
- Contact Diana Cretu (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information.
- Contact Jennifer Mallamo (email@example.com) for more information.
Poverty Simulation - United Way Alberta Capital Region (myunitedway.ca) - A Poverty Simulation is a unique and powerful experience which challenges perceptions, changes perspectives and strengthens understanding and empathy. The simulation replicates a month in the life of a family living in poverty.
Reducing the Impact of Financial Strain (RIFS) (healthiertogether.ca) - The Reducing the Impact of Financial Strain (RIFS) project is a ground-breaking collaboration between communities and their Primary Care Networks that aims to reduce financial strain as a barrier to health, particularly in areas of cancer, chronic-disease-management, and prevention.
- Contact Shawna McGhan (Shawna.McGhan@albertahealthservices.ca) for more information.
AHS envisAGE Beachhead - Interest (office.com) – learn more about the AHS envisAGE Beachhead.
- envisAGE finances AgeTech collaborative projects (envis-age.ca) - Created by MEDTEQ+ and co-leaded by AGE-WELL, envisAGE provides startups and SMEs access to funding programs and services to help them innovate in AgeTech.
- Contact Nicola McFarlane (Nicola.McFarlane@albertahealthservices.ca) for more information.
Join the Connecting People & Community for Living Well CORE Group (must be signed into your CORE Alberta account to join): https://corealberta.ca/group/connecting-people-community-for-living-well
Not yet a member of Healthy Aging CORE Alberta? Register here: https://corealberta.ca/register
September 2023 Partners' Meeting
Connecting People & Community for Living Well
Nov 15, 2023
- Mental Health and Wellness
- Social Connectedness / Social Isolation
- Information, Referral, & Advocacy
- Organizational Development
- Caregiving & Caregiver Support
- General Health and Wellness
- Rural and Remote Communities
- Age-friendly Communities
- Government (Politicians, Policy Makers) and Health Authorities
- Service Providers (Non-profits, Community Organizations, Local government)
- Caregivers, Seniors & Volunteers
- Health Authorities