RECORDING - Healthy Aging Framework Learning Session
You can access the recording HERE.
On April 25, 2022, a learning session was hosted to walk participants through an Alberta-made tool called the Healthy Aging Framework. The session introduced participants to different parts of the Healthy Aging Framework and how it might be used by their organization.
Senior-serving organizations across Alberta support healthy aging through a wide variety of programs and services. We understand and respond to the needs of our communities in ways that no one else can. But no single organization can meet all the needs of an increasingly diverse seniors’ population, and that can lead to gaps and inefficiencies, and create barriers to access for the most vulnerable members of the seniors’ population.
The Healthy Aging Framework is essentially a way to organize and communicate the work of diverse senior-serving organizations so that we might better understand the collective impact we have – or could have – on healthy aging in Alberta.
The Healthy Aging Framework provides a shared language and way of understanding the work that we do. It is a tool that organizations can use to:
- organize programs and services;
- determine strategic priorities;
- evaluate outcomes; and
- help explain the impact of those outcomes to stakeholders, funders, and governing bodies.
If you would like to stay updated on the developments of the Healthy Aging Framework, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Apr 25, 2022
- Home Support
- Mental Health and Wellness
- Food & Nutritional Support
- Safety, Security, Finances, & Personal Planning
- Social Connectedness / Social Isolation
- Education, Recreation, & Arts
- Information, Referral, & Advocacy
- Volunteer Management
- Organizational Development
- Physical Activity
- International Innovation
- Caregiving & Caregiver Support
- Funding Development
- Health Authorities
- Caregivers, Seniors & Volunteers