RECORDING: CORE Intergenerational Linkages Community of Practice Discussion Forum
You can access the recording HERE.
The CORE Intergenerational Linkages Community of Practice Group hosted their first discussion forum on October 26, 2020. The Forum was facilitated by Crystal Corrigan, Wellness Partnerships & Innovation Specialist, Alberta Blue Cross, as well as Ruby Lecot, Executive Director, LINKages Society of Alberta.
There were 40 participants from communities across Alberta, such as Barrhead, Beaumont, Camrose, Clairmont, Cochrane, Hinton, Lacome, Magrath, Medicine Hat, Nisku, Oyen, Rocky Mountain House, Sherwood Park, Spruce Grive, St. Albert, Sundre, Taber, and Vegerville.
You can find attached to this resource a PDF copy of the presentation shared at the discussion forum.
The facilitators shared information about intergenrational programming and we heard a number of moving stories from program participants and facilitators on the positive impact of these connections. The group also disucssed difference types of programming and how they have been adpated due to the pandemic. The facilitators invited participants to share their feedback on the session, as well as to to weigh in on future activities of the community of practice through this survey.
Here are some of the resources and information shared at the session:
Until November 4th, to support initiatives and programs like these, Alberta Blue Cross in partnership with Alberta Recreation and Parks Association and Communities ChooseWell are offering up to $5000 to support the social, mental, emotional and physical well-being of vulnerable populations in rural, remote and secondary communities across Alberta.
The application form can be found HERE.
- Activities Buddies - LINKages Care Centre/School Programs – a new program designed to connect students and seniors through the structured activity sheets
- Age Friendly Edmonton Intergenerational Programming Toolkit – information, resources, and considerations to start or improve an intergenerational program.
- Alberta Mentoring Partnership (includes a webinar on best practices for intergenerational mentoring and many other resources)
- Shared Mic - Intergenerational podcast
- Generations United Intergenerational Evaluation Toolkit
- Mentor Canada
- Cyber Seniors - An organization dedicated to bridging the digital divide and connecting generations.
To continue the conversation, we encourage you to become a CORE member of the CORE Intergenerational Linkages Community of Practice Group, which invites key facilitators and capacity builders to deepen engagement, build new ideas and connect those with a passion towards intergenerational relationship building and community development. By joining the CORE Intergenerational Linkages Community of Practice Group, you can share your feedback on the questions asked during the Discussion Forum through the Intergenerational Linkages Community of Practice Discussion Threads.
You can contact email@example.com or Betty Good firstname.lastname@example.org with any of your questions, comments, or suggestions.
Dec 05, 2022
- Mental Health and Wellness
- Social Connectedness / Social Isolation
- Education, Recreation, & Arts
- Organizational Development
- Funding Development
- Service Providers (Non-profits, Community Organizations, Local government)
- Health Authorities
- Caregivers, Seniors & Volunteers