Promising Approaches Revisited: Effective action on loneliness in later life
Promising Approaches Revisited: Effective action on loneliness in later life includes a promising approaches framework to help make sense of the different ways we can address loneliness, and explains how these approaches fit together to create an effective community response. The guide offers examples of these approaches in action so that organisations can find inspiration from others.
The guide is intended to:
• Help commissioners and funders of services who support older people – including adult social care, health commissioners and public health teams – to identify the gaps in provisions in their communities
• Support service providers to deliver more effective loneliness interventions; and
• Shape future research to increase our understanding of loneliness, and how to address it
For more information about the Campaign to End Loneliness: Connections in Older Age visit www.campaigntoendloneliness.org.
Jan 26, 2021
- Mental Health and Wellness
- Social Connectedness / Social Isolation
- Service Providers (Non-profits, Community Organizations, Local government)
- Health Authorities