Osteoarthritis and Exercise
Osteoarthritis, sometimes referred to as OA, is a common condition that affects our joints, causing pain, swelling, and stiffness.
By taking this short, interactive lesson, you will learn the answers to the following questions:
- How common is OA of the hip and knee?
- Is it a normal part of aging?
- How can you best manage the symptoms of OA with a lifestyle plan that includes exercise?
- What kinds of exercises and physical activities should you be doing?
- What role does managing your weight play in an effective self-management plan?
Meet Cynthia and Joe and learn what changes they made to reduce their osteoarthritis symptoms and improve their quality of life.
Estimated time to complete lesson - 15 minutes
TAKE LESSON HERE
May 13, 2021
- Mental Health and Wellness
- Safety, Security, Finances, & Personal Planning
- Information, Referral, & Advocacy
- Service Providers (Non-profits, Community Organizations, Local government)
- Health Authorities
- Caregivers, Seniors & Volunteers