Intergenerational Programming Toolkit
The City of Edmonton is committed to building an inclusive city for all ages. This toolkit, and accompanying resource guide, was designed to assist organizations in the planning and implementation of intergenerational programs. Intergenerational programming provides opportunities for generations to socialize, learn and grow together. By developing intergenerational programming in our communities, and connecting citizens across generations, we hope to achieve our vision of a truly age friendly city.
What is intergenerational programming?
Intergenerational programming provides an opportunity to connect children, youth, adults and seniors. Participants come together to share, learn and engage with each other. Intergenerational programming can take a variety of shapes and forms – from a single event to weekly scheduled activities.
Age Friendly Edmonton, City of Edmonton
Apr 17, 2023
- Intergenerational initiatives
- Education, Recreation, & Arts
- Social Connectedness / Social Isolation
- Non-profit / Charitable sector
- Age-friendly Communities
- Mental Health and Wellness
- Organizational Development
- Service Providers (Non-profits, Community Organizations, Local government)
- Caregivers, Seniors & Volunteers
- Government (Politicians, Policy Makers) and Health Authorities
- Best Practices
- Evidence-based & emerging practices
- Organizational development
- Mentorship & Coaching
- Leadership & Development