SEPTEMBER 2023 NORTHWEST TERRITORIES WILDFIRE EVACUATION: UPDATES & RESOURCES
The Government of Alberta has provided the following details about supports for evacuees from communities on an active evacuation order
- For up to date information from Government of Northwest Territories visit Public Safety | Government of Northwest Territories
- Reception and registration centres open in Alberta are to support evacuees from communities on an active evacuation order.
- All evacuees requiring support in Alberta will need to register in person at a reception centre. Evacuees should also register with the Northwest Territories. Registration is available online or at any reception or registration centre.
- Evacuees who find accommodation should stay at that location as other communities may not have capacity.
- For more information, contact: DisasterAssistance@gov.nt.ca
- For assistance and to access supports call:
- 310-4455 in Alberta (8 am to 8 pm daily)
- 1-877-770-4636 from outside Alberta (8 am to 8 pm daily)
- The City of Yellowknife announced residents can begin returning home starting Wednesday, September 6.
- NWT evacuees are strongly encouraged to stay where they are until the evacuation order is lifted to make sure supports and services will be in place once they start heading home.
Location specific information
- note: residents who are not under an active evacuation order and leave the Northwest Territories will need to use their own resources to secure accommodation, meals and other needs
Healthy Aging Alberta continues to gather input from CBSS organizations in Alberta related to older adults' immediate and ongoing needs for assistance as a result of the various wildfires.
Sep 05, 2023
Government of Alberta