uwcore logo

Helping Wildfire Evacuees Replace Missing ID

news image

Evacuees of the Alberta wildfires who lost or left behind their Alberta driver’s licence, ID card or birth certificate between April 29 and June 29 will be able to replace these documents free of charge.

Evacuees must visit a registry agent office in person to replace their documents at no cost.

Registry agents will follow procedures to confirm an applicant’s identity and ensure they are from an area under evacuation before ordering replacement documents at no charge.

Replacement cards and certificates will be sent to an address specified by the applicant. Applicants can choose to send replacement identification to an alternate address that is not a post office box, including evacuation centres and registry agents. The replacements will arrive in about five business day.


View full release
  • Date

    May 15, 2023

  • By

    Government of Alberta


Sign up for the Healthy Aging CORE Alberta e-news to keep up-to-date with activity from the platform and the Community-Based Seniors Services (CBSS) sector across the province.

Learn More
First Name
Last Name