Experts Appointed to Emergency Review Panel
The Public Health Emergencies Governance Review Panel will review the legislation that guided Alberta’s response to COVID-19 and recommend changes to improve the handling of future public health emergencies for Albertans.
Experts and members of the public are invited to share their input on what amendments to legislation could better equip the province to cope with future public health emergencies.
This work will help ensure government has the best possible approach to responding to public health emergencies while minimizing unintended harms to the economy, health, mental and social well-being, and civil liberties of Albertans.
Share your ideas with the panel on what amendments to legislation could better equip the province to cope with future public health emergencies.
Topics to review
In conducting the review, the panel will look at various aspects of responses to public health emergencies, including:
- general public health and health information
- mental health and wellness
- child and student health, mental health and education
- health professionals’ practice standards
- effective implementation of emergency measures
- protection of rights and freedoms
- economic and financial effects
- employment standards
Mar 01, 2023
Government of Alberta