Take Action Grants (ongoing deadline)
• Funds are awarded in matching 50% Canadian dollars and 50% Calgary (C$) dollars to a maximum of $2000 total.
• Project needs to be grassroots (community based, activist, small scale organization)
• Project is not primarily a fundraiser
• Project is locally oriented – international projects are not our focus
• Project is not-for-profit
• Project fits with Arusha’s mandate to move social and environmental justice forward in Calgary.
• TAG applications cannot be considered for an individual, organization or the project more than once.
GRANTS ARE AWARDED BASED ON:
• Past experience with the project work.
• Number of community collaborations included in the work.
• The demonstrated ability to use C$ and community resources.
• The size of the grant amount and percentage of C$.
• The input of C$ participants and community.
• The potential long term impacts of the issues being addressed.
The application deadline is on the 15th of each month.
Applications are reviewed by staff and our Advisory Committee. The second step is for the applicant to create a 2 minute video (1 min. on the project being funded and 1 min. on the TAG budget). The applicant uploads the video to a public site and shared widely. If, approved, grants are issued within a month (with a 25% cash holdback)
Jan 18, 2023