Individuals & Collectives grant (Deadline: Feb 15 and Oct 1, 2024)
Artists and their work are the foundation of our arts community. Working as individuals or collectives, artists pursue work that develops their practice, advances creative thought, contributes to an art form and provides our community with a reflection of itself.
The Edmonton Arts Council’s (EAC) Individuals & Collectives grant has three distinct streams, each with its own evaluation criteria and assessment process. An individual or collective may only apply to one stream at each deadline and may only receive one grant from this program annually from January to December.
ELIGIBILITY FOR INDIVIDUALS & COLLECTIVES
- Have an existing and committed practice in any arts discipline (including but not limited to customary and contemporary Indigenous or other cultural work) or have a history of other professional activity in the arts sector;
- Be 18 years of age or older;
- Be a resident of the Edmonton / amiskwaciy- waskâhikan region at the time of the application and for the duration of the project. This region includes the City of Edmonton and the Indigenous communities of Enoch Cree Nation, Alexander First Nation, Paul First Nation and Alexis Nakota Sioux Nation (artists may be asked to provide proof of residency);
- Be a Canadian Citizen, Permanent Resident, or have a valid open work permit;
- An individual or collective may receive one grant from this program annually from January to December.
- Individuals or collectives who have overdue Edmonton Arts Council final reports will not be eligible.
Collectives also must:
- Have a majority of members who are eligible individuals as described above; and
- Have one individual (the primary applicant) apply on behalf of the collective.
February 15, 2024
October 1, 2024
The Edmonton Arts Council’s (EAC)
Dec 31, 2023