Affordable Housing Partnership Program (deadline October 16, 2023)
Public, non-profit, and private-sector housing providers can apply for funding for innovative and sustainable affordable housing projects.
The Affordable Housing Partnership Program aims to bring together partners from public, private and non-profit organizations to provide more affordable housing where it is needed most.
Alberta’s Stronger Foundations affordable housing strategy is committed to taking a renewed, people-first approach to protect vulnerable Albertans, get the best value for taxpayer dollars, and increase the long-term sustainability of the housing system.
For more information on the purpose of this funding program, read the Affordable Housing Partnership Framework.
New construction, renovation or development projects may be eligible for up to 1/3 of the total project cost.
The provincial contribution may be in the form of:
- capital grants
- land or buildings
- transfer or long-term lease of a government-owned asset
- an addition to or renovation of existing housing resulting in a minimum 5 net new affordable housing units
- conversion of non-rental housing (for example, hotel or commercial space)
- redevelopment on the existing site involving demolition and new construction and resulting in a minimum of 5 net new affordable housing units
- new construction
- mixed-income developments with an affordable and/or social housing component
- specialized housing development
- mixed-use developments with commercial, retail, community, medical and/or social services (preference will be given to those that provide complementary services)
- housing development or selection of developments that include a portion of owner occupiers and others for affordable and social housing (homeownership programs may be included as part of the affordability and financial sustainability of the proposal)
- land acquisition
- permits, re-zoning, and development
- architectural consulting fees
- construction material and labour for new units, or the purchase and renovation of existing units and the conversion of non-residential space to residential units
- demolition of units for reconstruction
- appraisal, geotechnical testing, building condition assessments, and legal fees as needed
- insurance and bonding
- required professional reports
- site improvements such as landscaping
DEADLINE: October 16, 2023
Government of Alberta
Jul 24, 2023
Oct 16, 2023