The practical SAIL tools help home care aides and community support workers to help clients live at home more safely by preventing falls and fall injuries. This NEW instructor-facilitated, three-week course offers case studies, videos, discussion and interactive assessments. You will learn how to apply the following tools in your work:
- A specially developed, three-level, home-based exercise program that includes videos and handouts for client use, and training for you on how to motivate and support clients to use the program
- A detailed risk factor checklist
- An action plan framework with numerous strategies and actions to reduce each risk factor
- Fall tracking and reporting tools
- Optional ongoing yearly access to the SAIL tools and videos available on a sliding scale. Includes additional guidance for home care service supervisors to manage a SAIL program.
Expect to spend 3-5 hours per week in this course. Students completing the training course will receive a professional development certificate.
LEARN MORE HERE