XHLT 1810 - Assisting with Mobility-Safe Practices
Learn safe body mechanic techniques for movement assistance.
Specific Learning Outcomes
- Identify the causes of slips, trips and falls, and strategies to prevent them.
- Assess and manage personal risk of injury.
- Explore personal safety when assisting with mobility.
- Determine actions to take when a fall occurs.
- Apply the components of proper body mechanics while performing transfers and lifts, carrying out one- or two-person transfers, using transfer belts, etc.
Participants will receive a digital badge upon completion of the workshop as evidence of newly acquired skills.