Too Essential to Fail: 2023 Platform Priorities
With a Provincial Election on the horizon, we want the nearly 300,000 nonprofit workers and the communities they serve prioritized in party platforms. We’re speaking up - and you can join us!
Here’s how the Government of Alberta can help support jobs, ensure community well-being and attract investment.
- Appropriate Funding: Invest $300 million over 3 years in a Community Prosperity Fund for nonprofits to address the impacts of the pandemic, inflation, and historic under-resourcing to ensure this essential sector is here for Albertans when they need it most.
- A Workforce Strategy: Undertake a labour market study and strategy to stabilize the nonprofit workforce through addressing recruitment and retention concerns.
- Better Data Collection: Collaborate on data collection to ensure government and nonprofits can be more effective through data informed actions.
- A Door To Government: Explore creating a dedicated space in government to share challenges, successes and opportunities with renewed partnership from the Government of Alberta to address them.
- An Empowered Sector: Make funding go further by cutting red tape and sharing decision-making with nonprofits on the most effective allocation of government dollars.
The Nonprofit Vote
Mar 15, 2023
- Non-profit / Charitable sector
- Organizational Development
- Funding Development
- Government (Politicians, Policy Makers) and Health Authorities
- Service Providers (Non-profits, Community Organizations, Local government)
- CBSS Supports & Services
- Organizational development
- Research & Evidence
- Leadership & Development