Nominations: Mental Health Awards (deadline October 1, 2023)
Nominate a changemaker in your community for CMHA, Alberta Division’s Mental Health Awards.
Each year, CMHA, Alberta Division recognizes mental health leaders, innovators and volunteers who advance the mental health of all Albertans.
Hundreds of volunteers across Alberta make mental health matter through their work. CMHA, Alberta Division’s Mental Health Awards allow us to recognize the outstanding achievements of volunteers and organizations in our communities who are making changes and exemplify the spirit of CMHA, Alberta Division.
- Nadine Stirling Memorial Award: The Award, originally the Consumer Award, was renamed in 1991 in memory of Nadine Stirling, the first Alberta Consumer Networker. It is awarded to a consumer or immediate family member in recognition of their effort to attack stigma and/or support the development of self-help initiatives or facilitate consumer participation. The staff member being nominated will exemplify the mission, vision and values of CMHA in their professional and personal interactions and demonstrate they share the values of CMHA. They will have made a significant impact within the mental health community through outstanding dedication, competence, exceptional performance and excellent service to their community and their workplace.
- The Bettie Hewes Memorial Award for Outstanding Volunteer Service: The Award is named in remembrance of Bettie Hewes, former CMHA Alberta Division President, Regional Director and MLA. Bettie’s lifelong interest in mental health issues and her commitment to improving the quality of life for people with mental illness is an example to all. The Award honours a volunteer or volunteers who have given much time and effort in direct service or management or have promoted the goals of the Association throughout the community.
- Communications Award: Created to honour those representatives in the media who have made outstanding contributions to the coverage of mental health issues and/or shown regular and continuous interest in promoting the Association’s goals and objectives and/or given special assistance in promotion of special events such as Mental Health Week.
- Professional Care Award: Awarded to a professional mental health care worker or organization exhibiting special creativity and effectiveness in the provision of mental health care.
- Special Service Award: Awarded to a service club, group or business which has aided the Association through financial or special service. More than one award may be given in any one year.
- Workplace Wellness Award: Awarded to any organization from the public, private or voluntary sector, union or employee association which has demonstrated the promotion of mental health in the workplace and/or cooperation between employers, employees and community agencies within the workplace.
- Jillian Dayck Award: This award is named for Jillian Dayck, a 35 year CMHA Alberta staff member. Ms. Dayck’s support for her coworkers and dedication to improving the mental health of all Albertans will live on through this award.
Award nominations close October 1, 2023. Award recipients will be announced in January 2024.
CMHA Alberta Division
Sep 06, 2023
- Non-profit / Charitable sector
- Mental Health and Wellness
- Government (Politicians, Policy Makers) and Health Authorities
- Service Providers (Non-profits, Community Organizations, Local government)
- Caregivers, Seniors & Volunteers
- Health Authorities
- Success Stories
- Best Practices
- Applications, Annual Reporting, & Data Collection