Applying for Affordability Payments
Eligible Albertans can receive $600 to help with the rising cost of living.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
- Seniors over 65 with household income under $180,000
- Families with children under 18 and household income under $180,000 (payments for each child)
WHAT YOU NEED TO APPLY:
- Valid identification
- Government of Alberta identification (driver’s licence or ID card), or
- Other identification (e.g. passport, secure First Nations status card, Métis Nation of Alberta card) and proof of residency (e.g. utility, gas or cable bill)
- Social Insurance Number
- Banking information – for faster payment, bring your bank’s account, institution and transit numbers
To apply for a spouse or partner, you will need their Social Insurance Number.
To apply for one or more dependants, you will need their name(s) and date(s) of birth.
For more information please call: Toll-free: 1-844-644-9955 | Edmonton: 780-644-9955
Affordability Payments: How to apply online
Government of Alberta
Feb 01, 2023
- Safety, Security, Finances, & Personal Planning
- Information, Referral, & Advocacy
- Caregivers, Seniors & Volunteers
- Service Providers (Non-profits, Community Organizations, Local government)
- Health Authorities
- Provincial Resources