Welcome to Healthy Aging CORE!
We are pleased to have you join us and we hope that the following guides and FAQ section help you navigate the richness of what is available on the CORE platform.
"How-To" Guides for CORE
The Master How To Guide combines the four guides below into one document. This is a technical document that includes screenshots to help you navigate CORE. For further information, you can also view the FAQ section, and the CORE Groups Journey Map will walk you through how to create your own CORE Group.
- How to Become a CORE Member
- How to Add, View, and Edit CORE Content
- How to Join a CORE Group
- How to Connect with Other CORE Members
Become a CORE Member
Becoming a member is free and easy! There are numerous benefits, including:
- Access to hundreds of resources, programs, funding opportunities, and training opportunities
- The ability to join or create CORE groups that align with your interests and work
- The ability to share your own resources and content
- The latest news and updates in your inbox through the CORE newsletter
- The opportunity to connect with other professionals and partners in the work of Healthy Aging
General Frequently Asked Questions
Please scroll through to find answers to your questions! We will also outline tips and how-tos.
- How do I change my account profile?
- I have forgotten my account password. How do I retrieve it?
- How do I share resources, training opportunities, funding opportunities, and events?
- How do I get my resource, event, or training featured in the CORE Newsletter?
- How to Join a CORE Group?
How do I change my account profile?
You can edit your profile information as it appears to other members (such as your name, role, organization, profile image, and any other shared information that will appear on your profile information page to other members) by clicking on My Profile which is located in the upper right corner of the screen and selecting Edit Profile from the menu.
You can change your password, email, username, and email preference settings by clicking on My Profile and selecting Edit user info.
I have forgotten my account password. How do I retrieve it?
Click Sign In, and then click the Forgot password? link. Enter your username or email address. We will send you an email containing your username and a link to reset your password.
How do I share resources, training opportunities, funding opportunities, and events?
The Healthy Aging CORE platform includes highly curated content. All resources, events, training opportunities, and funding opportunities are reviewed by our Content Managers before being displayed to the community.
Please note that only a few selected community programs will be featured here - for a complete listing of local programs please visit Alberta 211.
To submit new items to be shared, use the Add New button at the top of the page and fill out all the relevant fields. The CORE Alberta Team will then review your submission to ensure links, documents and images are working if attached. As a trusted knowledge hub, content should be accurate and recent. This is the same process if you wanted to share content in open CORE Groups.
You can preview and edit your submissions by clicking My Profile at the top right-hand corner of the page and then viewing the Contributed Content listing that shows up on your profile. Pending Content will show you items that are still pending review to be published.
How do I get my resource, event, or training featured in the CORE Newsletter?
We would love to highlight your resource, event, or training on our CORE Newsletter which has 850+subscribers. Trends show that events showcased through the Newsletter see enhanced registration numbers. Before we help with promotion, please do the following:
- 1. Create a CORE post (by clicking Add New on the homepage) filling out all the necessary details. We will then publish it on the site.
- 2. Send us an email request to be included in our CORE Newsletter. Depending on your event date or training and when our newsletters are released (twice a month) sometimes it might be too late to promote, but we can do a call-out within our own CORE networks. Please include the subject line: CORE Newsletter Event Promo Request – [Event Name].
How do I join CORE Groups?
You will need to set up an account in order to view, join and participate in CORE Groups.
Click Sign Up to register for an account and fill in the information on the form.
This is a moderated community to ensure relevant quality information is posted, so please be sure to fill out as much information as possible when signing up. You will receive an email confirming that your account is pending review. If you don't receive an email within 24 hours after signing up, make sure to check your spam folder. If the email is also not in your spam folder, please contact us at healthyaging @ calgaryunitedway.org [NO SPACES] for assistance.
Once the CORE Alberta Team approves your account, we will send you an email containing your username and a login link to set your password.
- For Open Groups: You can click Go to preview the group and then click Join to start contributing content and participating in discussions within the group immediately.
- For Closed Groups: You can click Request Invitation and Group Leaders of closed groups will receive an email to review.
If you have further questions that are not addressed in the How-To Guides or FAQs, please contact us at healthyaging @ calgaryunitedway.org [NO SPACES].