Alberta’s government is reopening the Community Initiatives Program Project-Based grant stream to support economic recovery and build social connections. Alberta’s non-profit and community organizations can now apply to the September 15, 2020 intake, which aims to foster healthy and vibrant communities across Alberta. Funding will focus on events, festivals, programs, and projects delivered in innovative and creative ways that align with public health measures.
- Alberta has more than 26,000 non-profit organizations.
- Community grants programs provide essential funding to about 800 of these organizations.
- Each year, 1.6 million Albertans provide more than 262 million volunteer hours to support the non-profit and voluntary sector.
- Non-profit institutions contribute $5.6 billion to the economy every year.
- The volunteer organizations and non-profits the ministry supports play a significant role in the quality of life of Albertans by helping them remain physically and mentally.